If you are holding one of the 5,000 tickets sold via KyaZoonga’s for Sachin Tendulkar’s final match, trust you have picked-up the physical tickets by now.
The ticket pickups begin after 2pm on Tues, Nov 12 at the Mumbai Hockey Association, next to the Wankhede Main Gate. The lucky few have to follow all instructions mentioned in the email.
The 5000 tickets were sold in a span of 15 hours, as the site was witnessing unprecedented traffic. The tickets were sold only online and not at counters.
The Wankhede Stadium can accommodate 45,000 spectators’ and majority of the seats were filled up as complimentary passes.
The general public had access to only 5000 tickets.
The site was displaying problems since Nov 11th morning. Hence, it took 15 hours to sell all the tickets allotted to it.
- Sachin Tendulkar’s farewell match housefull; all tickets available for sale sold out: KyaZoonga.com (dnaindia.com)
- Sachin Tendulkar’s farewell match will be housefull (playupthankyousachin.wordpress.com)
- KyaZoonga ‘back in action’ but no tickets left for Tendulkar’s last (sports.ndtv.com)
- Kyazoonga Crashes As Ticket Sales For Sachin’s Last Test Commence (medianama.com)
- Anger among Sachin fans after ticket website crashes (thehindu.com)
- Cricket fans throng Wankhede Stadium to get tickets (thehindu.com)