To familiarize eKYC process flow amongst Bankers, Insurance Companies, Securities Market and Telecom Sector, UIDAI held a workshop on August 19, 2013.
The workshop was followed by a media brief, and UIDAI Chairman Shri Nandan Nilekani was taking questions from the media personnel, on doubts on eKYC implementation and the legal backing for eKYC.
The highlight of the Media brief was:
“If a certain authority feels that the beneficiaries of a particular scheme need to possess Aadhar cards, they can make it mandatory for them for that particular scheme,” said Nandan Nilekani, Chairman, Unique Identification Authority of India, on Monday here.
The workshop was done to demonstrate the practical implementations and to specify some of the salient features and the benefits of its implementation.
Residents have to authorize UIDAI to release the information available in the CIDR.
Authorization can be done via two channels:
01) In person (through biometric authentication),
Upon successful authentication and consent of the resident, the UIDAI will provide the resident’s name, address, date of birth, gender, photograph, mobile number (if available), and email address (if available) to the service provider electronically.
One of the foremost advantages of Online Authentication is that the latest details of the resident can be viewed by the service provider and stored as proof of KYC being done.
Online authentication also costs less as compared to biometric authentication. No additional investment needs to be done for Online Authentication.
- Aadhaar to remove KYC hassles soon (dnaindia.com)
- Will USA accept Aadhaar in lieu of its own Bio-metric Collection procedure for issuance of Visas? (simplybanking.wordpress.com)
- Indian Planning Commission launches Aadhaar based attendance system (simplybanking.wordpress.com)
- Law ministry says e-KYC valid (rediff.com)
- UIDAI clarifications: Cut away portion, eAadhaar valid proofs of identity, address (simplybanking.wordpress.com)
- Avoid losing your citizenship. Do register in NPR. Read following FAQs on NPR!! (gorkhasofdehradun.wordpress.com)