The Cash on Delivery is not a payment option in any Amazon eCommerce site, except India.
In December 2013, through a tie up with India Post, Amazon added the Cash On Delivery payment method to its Payment Options.
The model has been so successful that Amazon is planning to roll-out similar services in China and Japan. Yes, you have read it right, Amazon will offer Cash on Delivery in China and Japan.
As an introductory offer, there is no additional service fee for Cash of Delivery. Cash on Delivery is not yet available for all pin codes. This is due to limitations of courier services we use. However, in near future the same would be available for all Indian Pin codes
The present Terms & Conditions of Cash on Delivery as displayed on the companies’ website are as under:
- The payment option of Cash on Delivery is available only for all orders Fulfilled by Amazon and for certain Seller fulfilled orders.
- Cash on Delivery can be used as payment method only for orders less than 50,000. The order value limit could be lower depending on the pin code of your address.
- Convenience fees of 39 will be charged on orders placed using Cash on Delivery. However, for a limited period, no convenience fees will be charged on any orders placed using Cash on Delivery.
- Cash on Delivery cannot be used to pay for orders containing a mix of seller fulfilled items and items Fulfilled by Amazon.
- The order amount has to be paid in full before receiving the package and signing the delivery sheet. The package can be opened only after the payment is made.