Today November 15, 2013, inspite of the Banks closed for Moharram, the BANCON 2013 went ahead. As the event was scheduled a long time ago, there has been no change in the schedule and the two-day event was inaugurated by Shri. P. Chidambaram.
The Annual Bankers’ Conference (BANCON) is the Blue Riband event of Indian banking conclaves. Starting as a bank economists’ meet in the mid-1970s, this annual gathering of bankers has morphed into an influential gathering where the best of Indian minds meet every year to react, review, reform and rethink
The Presenting Bank of BANCON 2013 is Bank of India.
The main theme of this year’s conference is “BANK OF THE FUTURE – GEARING UP TO MEET THE EMERGING ENVIRONMENT”
Over the two days, three key events are planned, which show a sneak peek into the future of Indian Banking.
The three events Exclusively at BANCON 2013
- “Banking Re-imagined” 3D video on Digital Banking
- “The Discovery Journey” Walk, touch and feel a Digital Bank branch
- “Sales Digitized” See and play with a cutting edge Digital Sales App
- BANCON 2013: What lies in store for Safe eTransactions? (simplybanking.wordpress.com)
- Chidambaram hopes RBI gives license to specialised banks (rediff.com)