Are you one of the luck Walmart buyers who could land a fabulous bargain on the Walmart onsite sale.
Knowingly or unknowingly, Walmart website allowed buyers to items at a highly discounted rate to its original rate.
It is well known that Walmart offers discounts on almost all items stocked in its physical stores or digital stores. Hence, the word quickly spread around, that a mega-discounted sale was in progress in the Walmart website. For e.g., Customers were able to buy $600 Electronics for $8.85
However, the joy was short lived. Walmart quickly swing into action, scanned the orders and cancelled the respective orders which had wide discrepancy in pricing. As a goodwill gesture, Walmart will send these customers a $10 e-gift card that can be used toward future purchases at Walmart stores and Walmart.com.
Wal-Mart Stores Inc kicked off its online holiday-season deals on November 1, a month earlier than usual. Walmart also confirmed that its site was not hacked, and the error in prices was due to an internal technical error.
- Walmart website advertises wrong prices for many items (wjla.com)
- Walmart Gives Customers a Head Start with Earliest Holiday Cyber Event Ever (prnewswire.com)
- Wal-Mart’s website goes rogue, lists random products at absurdly low prices (business.financialpost.com)
- Sound Familiar? Walmart Blames Website Pricing Errors on Technical Glitch (dailyfinance.com)
- Wal-Mart mistakenly offers absurd deals on its website (latimes.com)