In this regard, India’s first integrated national transport portal http://www.busindia.com will be officially launched by The Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways Shri Oscar Fernandes, on October 31, 2013 (Thursday).
Busindia.com aims to the Bus equivalent of https://www.irctc.co.in/. The main difference between rail transport and bus transport is that only 1 operator runs Indian railway network, whereas bus transport has multiple players.
Busindia.com is an aggregator of ticket inventory of various State Road Transport Undertakings. At the same time, tickets of private bus operators are also sold through the site.
The success of Redbus eCommerce site has spawned many competitors and busindia.com, is one of them.
The backend is managed by Radiant infosystems, who was the first company in India to implement Online Reservation System for Road Transport Undertakings i.e KSRTC.
At present, payment through IMPS (Immediate Payment Service), is not activated at the site.
The site’s beta launch was in February 2013, and the official public launch is in October, 2013.
The Indian online Bus ticketing market is pegged at Rs15,000 crores.
- Busindia.com release an official Windows Phone app (wmpoweruser.com)
- busIndia Claims it is Bigger than redBus; Looking to Raise Rs 200 cr PE Funding (nextbigwhat.com)
- The secret behind redBus’ success story (rediff.com)
- India eCommerce – Are we ready for SAME DAY DELIVERY? (simplybanking.wordpress.com)
- Online Bus Ticketing Company Ticketgoose Secures Rs 18 cr from Indventure (nextbigwhat.com)
- An Indian perspective – what are the essential amenities for railway passengers? (transporteditor.wordpress.com)