Yesterday, in my Post @ India eCommerce – Are we ready for SAME DAY DELIVERY?, I was thinking aloud as to who would be the first mover in the ‘same day delivery’, distribution channel.
Well, as a Pilot initiative, Myntra.com is offering 60 minutes delivery in Delhi and Bangalore. As this is pilot launch, the 60 minute delivery is offered to customers within a 5kms of its warehouse.
The whole process is managed in-house, including the delivery part.
The 60 minutes deadline starts ticking from the moment the order is completed by the customer in its website.
The chief benefit of a short TAT for delivery is the customers will not be tempted to cancel the order.
The more innovations in the Indian eCommerce the more better for Indian shopping aficionados.
The spinoffs of the developments in the Indian eCommerce space will slowly be felt in other areas, especially the Health Sector.
- Tips To Run A Successful eCommerce Business (ecommercemakers.wordpress.com)
- The Indian eCommerce Story (jayesh.svbtle.com)
- What Indian Online Shoppers Want? [Survey Results] (trak.in)
- Five Essential Tips for a Successful eCommerce Site (proformablog.com)
- Cross-border shipping: Delivering global opportunity in eCommerce (business.financialpost.com)
- Lamoda.ru CEO Niels Tonsen: “We’re focusing on building a great business without wasting time thinking about potential exit scenarios” (venturevillage.eu)
- Indonesia most attractive ecommerce market in SE Asia (e27.co)