The official website of UJIDAI is @ http://uidai.gov.in/. In the last couple of months, this website is the most visited by Indians.
To encourage still more Indians and worldwide visitors, a revamped multilingual website has been launched.
At present, the website, http://www.uidai.gov.in, will now appear in five regional languages: Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi and Tamil in addition to Hindi and English.
The main idea for the multi-lingual website from UIDAI Tech Centre Bengaluru is to enable residents with access to the internet to view important information in a language that they are comfortable with.
In the next phase, the website will include micro sites in Assamese, Malayalam, Oriya, Punjabi and Telugu. Residents are already able to view their demographic data captured at the time of enrolment in 13 languages.
UIDAI currently prints the Aadhaar letter in 13 languages across the country and also provides an option to residents to update data in these languages
- UIDAI website goes multilingual (thehindu.com)
- UIDAI clarifications: Cut away portion, eAadhaar valid proofs of identity, address (simplybanking.wordpress.com)
- Centre’s directive on Aadhaar takes officials by surprise (thehindu.com)
- Govt agencies can make Aadhaar mandatory in future, says Nilekani (thehindu.com)
- Will USA accept Aadhaar in lieu of its own Bio-metric Collection procedure for issuance of Visas? (simplybanking.wordpress.com)
- UIDAI: A devil in the works (libertyhereandnow.wordpress.com)