TCSPL is planning to set up ATM centres and not stand-alone ATMs.
The first set of 1000 Tata Indicash ATMs have been rolled out in 15 locations in Bengaluru. Out of 15,000 ATMs, planned over India, Karnataka’s’ share is 1000.
As TCSPL has won the mandate under RBIs B Scheme for White Label ATMs, 2 ATMs ought to be deployed in tier 3 and 4 cities, for every ATM installed in Tier 1 and 2 cities.
The target is to roll out 150 centres in Karnataka by September 30, 2013. TCSPL envisages great demands for its ATMs in Bengaluru @ Madiwala, Chandra layout, Yeshwanthpura, Indiranagar, Hesarghatta, Kundalahalli, TQ Bengaluru rural, Nahashettyhalli, Chokasandra, CNhalli, Frazer town, Shivajinagar, Banashakari, Rajajinagar and Jayanagar.
The other Karnataka districts on its radar are Belgaum, Bellary, Chitradurga, Dakshina Kannada, Mysore, Dharwad and Tumkur regions.
Indicash will have a 14-inch multi-lingual ATM user interface. The company will put up posters in vernacular language to help first timers to transact in ATM center.
Going forward, Indicash plans to provide value added and utility services – it will offer bill payment, remittance, lead captures, insurance payment, third party advertising etc. White label ATMs is happening for the first time in India.
White Label ATMs are basically an alternative source of cash dispensing and a non-bank owned ATMs which offers both cash and non-cash services such as cash withdrawals, balance enquiries, mini-statements and PIN changes.
As on date, TCSPL website still does not contain the locator facility for Indicash ATM Centres.
- Now, a non-bank ATM near you (thehindu.com)
- Tata firm to set up 1,000 ATMs across Karnataka (vancouverdesi.com)
- 3 most common ATM scams in kenya (kenyanindependent.wordpress.com)
- All Indian bank branches to have one ATM before March, 2014: P Chidambaram. Will this add to Banks expenses? (simplybanking.wordpress.com)
- Did you have the chance to visit a Talking ATM? (simplybanking.wordpress.com)
- Gang uses 4×4 to steal cash machine (bbc.co.uk)