KGSG Bank in the first week of July 2013 inaugurated its Talking ATM especially for Visually Challenged persons. The ‘Talking ATM’ which will aid them in accessing ATM facilities like any other individual.
The new ATM is specially equipped with speakers and ear-phones which would provide the users with information such as their account number, withdrawal amount etc.
The user would first have to wear the ear-phones and then insert their ATM cards into the machine.
Users would then have to enter the required information with the help of the identification marks on the ATM keys.
After the process is complete, the visually challenged account holder would receive the cash and withdrawal receipt. Any bank account holder can reap the benefits of this new talking ATM.
“Kashi Gomti Samyut Gramin Bank” or KGSG Bank is the amalgamated version of 3 RRB’s i.e Kashi Gramin Bank, Gomti Gramin Bank and Samyut Kshetriya Gramin Bank sponsored by Union Bank of India in U.P. were amalgamated by GOI vide its notification No.SO-1264(E) on 12th September 2005. Thus came into existence the KGSG Bank.
- Talking ATM offers independence (mysanantonio.com)
- A journey to the end of the worlds! – Varanasi, India (travelpod.com)
- Golden Hour – Morning on the Ghats of Varanasi (ronmayhewphotography.wordpress.com)
- Assi Ghat (drjuliepink.wordpress.com)
- Jack, Hacker Who Made ATMs Spit Out Cash, Dies in San Francisco (thenewsinformer.com)