Government of India, vide a Gazette Notification has informed that during the year 2013-2014, accumulations at the credit of subscribers to the General Provident Fund and other similar funds shall carry interest at the rate of 8.7% (Eight point seven per cent) per annum. This rate will be in force during the financial year beginning on 1.4.2013. The funds concerned are:—
1. The General Provident Fund (Central Services).
2. The Contributory Provident Fund (India).
3. The All India Services Provident Fund.
4. The State Railway Provident Fund.
5. The General Provident Fund (Defence Services).
6. The Indian Ordnance Department Provident Fund.
7. The Indian Ordnance Factories Workmen’s Provident Fund.
8. The Indian Naval Dockyard Workmen’s Provident Fund.
9. The Defence Services Officers Provident Fund.
10. The Armed Forces Personnel Provident Fund.
As a Safe ePayments Motivator, I am sure that all the disbursements by the above funds will be done in the eMode only. Nothing more, nothing less.
- Billion-dollar India Innovation Fund to be in place by June (rediff.com)
- The Tata Defence Welfare Corpus – All scholarships amount to be disbursed via NEFT only. (simplybanking.wordpress.com)
- Public Provident Fund Scheme, 1968 (PPF, 1968) and Senior Citizens Savings Scheme, 2004 (SCSS, 2004) – Revision of interest rates (simplybanking.wordpress.com)