Reserve Bank of India, DPSS vide Notification No Date: Mar 21, 2013, RBI/2012-13/454 DPSS.CO.CHD.No./1674/ 03.01.03/2012-2013 dt.21/03/2013, has informed Indian Banking customers that RTGS and NEFT will function on 29/03/2013 and 31/03/2013.
Yes, you are reading it right. 29/03/2013 is Good Friday, and Banks in major parts of India are closed. 31/03/2013 is Sunday. In the larger public interest, RTGS and NEFT will be open on Sunday.
This will be first occasion since the launch of RTGS that RTGS system will be open on a Sunday.
The exact working timings will be known in the next couple of days. Bank’s IT Teams will be scrambling around to ensure that their IT Applications are tuned to handle RTGS and NEFT on 29th march as well as 31st march. It will be a major challenge not only for Bank staff but also for bank customers to make full use of working window.
Member banks are also advised to be in readiness to participate in the Centralised Payment Systems (RTGS and NEFT) on March 29, 2013 and March 31, 2013. A separate broadcast message in this regard will be issued through the respective system.
Cheers to RTGS/NEFT. As it is IMPS too will be open.
- NEFT – Introduction of Continuous Release of Credit Messages (simplybanking.wordpress.com)
- RBI Working Group Report – Gold Imports and Gold Loan NBFCs in India. Golden chance for Immediate Payment Service and eKYC. (simplybanking.wordpress.com)
- Corporation Bank unveils three new account schemes (news.in.msn.com)
- Limit customers’ card transaction when abroad: RBI (rediff.com)
- Support For NGO (ubnmet.wordpress.com)