Mumbaikars, be ready, CTS is on the way. You will experience a new way of Banking.
The Western CTS Grid constitutes 43.59% of the nation’s clearing volumes.
The following is the list of the MICR centres which will be part of the Western CTS Grid: Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Nashik, Kolhapur, Aurangabad, Solapur, Indore, Bhopal, Gwalior, Jabalpur, Ahmedabad, Surat, Vadodara, Rajkot, Jamnagar, Bhavnagar, Anand, Goa, Raipur.
A major difference in the ‘Paper to Follow’ (P2F) process between Delhi CTS and Mumbai CTS is that in Mumbai, the ‘Exchange Across Table’ method will be rolled-out, rather than Drop Boxes @ MICR/ Delhi CTS
To smoothen the rollout process, at NPCI is :
- Organizing CTS Workshops in each CTS Grid city.
- Organizing Focused Session for banks new to CTS in each Grid city.
- Organizing Training Programmes on CTS in each Grid city.
- Organizing Fraud Awareness Workshops for member banks.
One of the key benefits for the member banks is that there will be no Reconciliation differences (RBNL, LBNR) as MICR data and images travel together.
Currently, the following 4 CTS Participation Models are envisaged:-
Direct: Bank having own Capture, CHI Infra & Settlement account, participates on its own
Indirect: Bank having own Capture, however uses the CHI infra of another bank
Service Bureau: Capture infra is established by the vendor and they will have an arrangement with third party bank for using CHI infra
Sub member: Sub member bank will be treated as extended branch of another bank. They will not have own MICR Code and identity in clearing process. They will route transactions through sponsor bank and settlement will happen in account of sponsor bank.
In normal MICR clearing, the sub-members are having a separate MICR Code. However, under CTS, there will no separate MICR Codes for the sub-members.
- Cheque Truncation – Paper to Follow (P2F) workflow. (simplybanking.wordpress.com)
- Be ready for the next gen Bank Account Numbers – 26 digits (simplybanking.wordpress.com)
- Saral Money – Pilot launch in NCR (simplybanking.wordpress.com)
- Visa Says Telcos Are Blocking Its USSD Payments Service; Tie-Up With UIDAI (medianama.com)
- Seven banks in Aadhar payment system; seven more in line: NPCI (news.in.msn.com)