Have you provided your present mobile number at the time of Aadhaar enrolment? If yes, than by just sending an SMS you can the status of your ‘Aadhaar Document’.
Unbelievable, just try now Type “UID STATUS <14 Digit EID> and send the SMS to 51969.
What is the response?
If your sending the SMS from your registered mobile number, the responses can be as under :
01) If your Aadhaar number has been generated – You will receive your Aadhaar Number
02) If your Aadhaar number has not been generated – You will receive the current status of your Aadhaar Document.
If you’re sending the SMS from any other mobile number, than you will receive only the current status of your Aadhaar Document.
What is EID?
EID is the 14 digit enrolment number appearing on your enrolment slip, without the “/”.
The more UIDAI moves towards customer delight
- Aadhaar Number Cards – Single Envelope for the whole family (simplybanking.wordpress.com)
- Iris scan to add layer to Aadhaar authentication (rediff.com)
- Now you can request ‘Aadhaar’ profile updates online (vancouverdesi.com)
- Aadhaar for LPG Gas Cylinder Connections (consumerresources.in)
- Direct benefits transfer: Why direct transfer may not put money in people’s pockets (thehindu.com)