Aadhaar Scholarship disbursement
From 01/01/2013, Government of India has decided to adopt Safe ePayments to credit the scholarships.
In the first phase, the following is the list of 26 central sector/centrally sponsored schemes wherein the Aadhaar will be the primary identifier for receipt of the credit.
Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment – 7 schemes
- Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students.
- Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC Students.
- Pre-Matric Scholarship for Children of those engaged in unclean occupations.
- Upgradation of merit of SC Students.
- Post Matric Scholarship for OBCs.
- Top Class Education Scheme.
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship
Ministry of Human Resources Development – D/o Higher Education – 3 schemes
- Scholarship to Universities/College Students.
- Fellowship Schemes of UGC.
- Fellowship Schemes of AICTE.
Ministry of Human Resources Development – D/o School Education & Literacy. 2 schemes
- National Means cum Merit Scholarship.
- National Scheme for Incentive for the girl child for secondary education.
Ministry of Tribal Affairs. 3 schemes
- Post Matric Scholarship Scheme.
- Top Class Education System.
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship.
Ministry of Minority Affairs. 3 schemes
- Matric Scholarship Scheme.
- Maulana Azad National Fellowship.
- Merit cum Means Scholarship Scheme.
Ministry of Women and Child Development. 2 schemes
- Indira Gandhi Matritva Sahyog Yojana (IGMSY).
- Dhanalakshmi Scheme.
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare. 1 scheme
- Janani Suraksha Yojana.
Ministry of Labour and Employment. 5 schemes
- Scholarship to the Children of beedi workers.
- Housing subsidy to beedi workers.
- Stipend to children in the special schools under the Child Labour Project.
- Stipend to trainees- Welfare of SC/ST through Coaching cum Guidance & Vocational Training
- Stipend to trainees in LWE districts
In the last couple of months, there were hectic efforts by the concerned departments to ensure that all the beneficiaries had 1) Aadhaar Numbers 2) the Aadhaar numbers were seeded in the respective banks.
The benefits are slowly spread around, and in the coming months as the system stabilizes, the real benefits will increase.