The new UIDAI-Aadhaar numbers will be imprinted on PVC cards and dispatched to the card-holder.
The Card will have the Aadhaar number, Color Photograph of the resident, Linear Bar Code and QR Bar Code.
The primary aim of PVC Aadhaar cards is to make them machine-readable.
The Linear Bar contains the Aadhaar Number
The QR Code contains other demographic details.
As the Government of India, is building a big ecosystem around your Aadhaar Card, it is your primary responsibility to keep it safe.
09 tips to safeguard your Aadhaar Card
01) No, the Xerox of the Aadhaar card will not be useful in most circumstances.
02) The Card has to be in machine-readable condition all the time.
03) Do not fold the Aadhaar card.
04) The Bar Codes are sensitive hence, do not scratch on them.
05) Store the card at room temperature
06) Buy a nice pouch and store the card in it.
07) Put the Aadhaar Card in your wallet/purse, only when you intend it to use it for authentication purpose.
08) Remember, the QR Code cannot be read by naked eyes, so once the QR code is damaged, the Aadhaar card by itself will lose it value.
09) As of now, duplicate Aadhaar cards are not yet issued.
So, your future is in your Hands.
Re-disseminated by Prashant N. Banker by daytime, Blogger by night.
- New range for your UIDAI-Aadhaar Card (simplybanking.wordpress.com)
- Aadhaar Chip Based Card. How much will you pay? (simplybanking.wordpress.com)
- Discrepancies in issue of Aadhaar cards (thehindu.com)