No, you cannot apply for it, You should be invited.
A usual trick adopted by Sellers to offer credit to their prospective buyers to increase the seller’s market share.
The highlights of the launch are:
01) This is a co-branded card in association with Barclays.
02)The initial launch is in UK, and slowly it will be launched in other parts of the world.
03)The target audience is small businesses who buy Google Adwords.
04)At present, the card can be used to purchase only Google Adwords.
05)There is no annual fee on this credit card.
06)The interest free period is 56days.
07)The Annual Rate of Interest is 11.90%
08)The card is ‘by invitation’, only.
09)Overseas transactions attract 2.99% non-sterling transaction fee. In an ideal situation, this should not be there as Google Adwords in purely an online channel and customers can view the respective business website, from any part of the world. Maybe this has to do more with local regulations.
11) The formal public launch was after a Pilot Launch which was rolled out last July, with 1400+ businesses as participants.
12) The respective business should have a physical presence in UK (United Kingdom) to be eligible to apply this card.
As I believe the more the merrier for Safe ePayments to grow.
Re-disseminated by Prashant N. Banker by daytime, Blogger by night.
Do you want me write on any something specific, if so mail me @ nshantin(at)gmail com
- Google launches Adwords business credit card in the UK (jatinmahindra.com)
- Google Wants to Be a Bank Now (theatlanticwire.com)
- Bank of Google – Open for Business (247wallst.com)