Do not respond to Mails asking for your Internet Banking Account Details : RBI Cautions Public
Today RBI again reiterated its caution notice, requesting Indian banking customers not to respond to any emails asking for your Internet Banking Account Details
RBI has noticed that a certain email is in circulation purported to have signed in the name as ‘Reserve Bank of India’.
To lure customers to part with their internet banking details, the email refers to provisions of Banking Regulation act, 1949 and Prevention of Money Laundering Rules, 2005. It furthers informs bank account holders about the Reserve Bank setting up a new 24×7 Centralised Monitoring Centre to monitor financial transaction flow from the Internet Banking Accounts.
Finally, the email requests readers to click on link and update their account information for updation in the RBI database.
No such email has been sent by Reserve Bank of India, and nor it has set up any 24×7 Centralised Monitoring Centre to monitor financial transaction flow from the Internet Banking Accounts.
In spite of wide-spread publicity if any member of the public opens the mail or attachment and / or tries to download it on their computer or provide their data on such links, GOD ONLY SAVE THEIR MONEY.
Well, it is pure human greed, that in spite of several caution messages some folks are still tempted to make a quick buck. Remember, the debit in your account is a credit in another’s account.
Re-disseminated by Prashant N. Banker by daytime, Blogger by night.
- RBIQ – A new addition to the Quizzing world (simplybanking.wordpress.com)
- How to Protect Your Financial Identity Online (ally.com)
- How to Prevent Internet Banking Fraud (jhcruzr.wordpress.com)
- Safety of online banking under threat? (thehindu.com)
- Heads up: Barclays Internet Banking data is NOT what it says on the tin. [Anthony Mellor FCA, Tel 07402 182728] (ecademy.com)
- Hackers dip into banks (fijitimes.com)
- Do you want to know the Reserve Bank of India License No of your Bank Branch? (simplybanking.wordpress.com)