Now, rail travelers are encouraged to have one more virtual funds account for easy booking of railway tickets.
On an analysis of the failure transactions on the IRCTC website, the most common reason is the link failure/timed out error between the IRCTC site and the respective Payment Gateway.
Such failures increase the customer dissatisfaction levels and also increase the processing cost for IRCTC/Payment Gateway and the end customers.
An alternate is a variation of semi-closed m-wallet for eg : Flipkart wallet
This m-wallet is tentatively named as ‘Rolling Deposit Scheme (RSD)’,
a) Please read The Hindu article dt 28/012/2012
As per the latest RBI guidelines the maximum monetary value on an individual Semi Closed m-wallet is Rs.10000/- for air/rail travel ticket booking.
The ‘Rolling Deposit Scheme (RSD)’, is already in place for corporate booking agents, and is working well. (hyperlink)
In the near future, the same concept will be rolled out to retail customers too. The tentative launch date is not finalized; however the initial blue-prints are ready.
01) IRCTC will tieup with a Service Provider.
02) Payment approval process eliminated
03) There will be a Login password and an OTP (One time transaction password). OTP is necessary to ensure that frauds are at a minimum level.
04) PAN card is the preferred document for Identity Proof.
05) There will no payment gateway charges, as the funds are already with IRCTC.
06) In case of cancellations, the amount will be credited back on the same day.
07) To encourage only serious travelers the minimum deposit at any time to be kept will be in the range of Rs. 1500 to 2000.
08) There also will be a Registration fee of Rs. 250, redeemable against booking.
09) Of course, no interest will be paid for the deposit amount.
10) Yes, there will be a facility to view the account/transaction history.
In case you change your mobile number, remember to update the new mobile number in the IRCTC site, so that the OTP’s can be sent to the new mobile number.
Remember, Remember do not share your IRCTC login details now, as there will be rWallet attached to your IRCTC account.
Re-disseminated by Prashant N. Banker by daytime, Blogger by night.
- IRCTC Tatkal Bookings – 9 Steps taken by IRCTC to reduce Misuse! (trak.in)
- SBI-IMPS and IRCTC join hands – Minimize fraudulent transactions. (simplybanking.wordpress.com)
- 20 vital elements to successfully book Tatkal tickets online (badrirag.wordpress.com)
- Railway introduces new guidelines for tatkal tickets (ibnlive.in.com)
- Tips to Get confirmed tatkal tickets thro IRCTC (harikrishnamurthy.wordpress.com)
- New Tatkal scheme for train tickets: What’s different (ndtv.com)